Friday, December 28, 2007

My Apartment





So, I've decided to write a bit about my apartment. It's not so much my style, as it is my style on a budget. It's ever changing, and hopefully always evolving. I find a lot of my things on www.craigslist.com, www.ebay.com, www.westelm.com, and in the trash! Also, here in DC we have some AMAZING "junk shops", as well as many many many GREAT chic boutiques. Some of my favorite shops that are not so expensive are: Miss Pixies (Adam's Morgan), Rough & Reddy (U-Street), Georgia Avenue Thrift Store (Georgia Ave.), H-Street thrift store (Capital Hill). Some of my favorite not so inexpensive shops include, but are not limited to: Gore Dean (Georgetown), Good wood (U-Street), And Beige (U-Street/Adam's Morgan), and Baker Furniture (Georgetown.

I attempt to be a minimalist, but I am a maximalist (**one who enjoys much**) at heart. L. M. van der Rohe believed that, "less is more", while others believe that more is more. Me, I believe that if you love it, you should have it.

16 comments:

Paul Pincus said...

gorgeous post. love it!

love the living / drawing room area. cheers.

Thomas said...

glad that i checked out your second blog...

i love:
the west elm desks next to the bed
the great patterned rug: living room
the various pictures/photographs
the bed and how it is made
the coffee table arrangement

send updates! i will be checking back in really soon!

laura said...

your apartment is so lovely. i especially like the last picture--the art on the walls reminds me of my own style and my own decorating. it's very 18th and 19th-century.

just gorgeous.

with love from pittsburgh...

Hollister H. Hovey said...

So wonderful. What great taste. I love your brass side table. Need one of those myself, but have run out of floor space and things with empty sides.

Scott Fazzini said...

Thank you all for the kind compliments. Much has changed @2119, I need to post updated pictures soon.

Jason Hudson Dot Com said...

Beauuuuuutiful.
I love what you've done with your "bedside tables". Lovely.

Please tell me your bedroom drapes are eggplant.

Scot Meacham Wood said...

wow. your place looks great. I'm glad I found your other blog as well.

great work!

custardbydesign said...

mad about your coffee table arrangement...

Stacy said...

Cool sofa.

(ray)mond said...

sucker for symmetry?
sometimes i am

katiedid said...

Found you through tartanscot. Love the apartment and looking formore!

we could grow up 2gether said...

brass bed makes me feel like i'm meg ryan on a new york movie, just lovely

the.neo.lifestyle said...

Wonderful place

i follow you more is more ;-)

David

A Super Dilettante said...

Loving your flat!! It's so cosy, homely, quirky, stylish and it's VERY you!!

qerat said...

lots of character there

jules @ The Diversion Project said...

gorg style love it. I smiled at the maximalist remark, i suffer from the same fate! jules